Six themes were elaborated on which field work was subsequently carried out by the participants in Nairobi:
- Housing and real estate
- Consumption patterns, lifestyles and economic sustainability
- Infrastructure and environment
- Entrepreneurship and class mobility
- Social policy, civic values and political participation
- Values, mindsets, cultures of middle classread more
The first Kompreno Research Report has been published in October 2016. Download here the file to read more about the articles linked to the workshop (Re)searching Nairobi´s Middle Classread more
what is the event about
A COMPACT WEEK
Together we will unpack, paint out and re-map the "middle/floating class", based on two thematic tracks (1) identity and representation and (2) impacts: an edited volume based on selected contributions (articles, pictures, etc.) is envisaged.
VISIT OUR PICTURE GALLERY
We invite participants and interested persons to send us graphical material (sketches, photos, etc.) to upload on our website. We also invite you to leave comments.